Saturday, February 21, 2009

Drunken email to friends

Here's why "Yo, have a beer, chill out" doesn't always work for me:

"i just want some frozen pizzas.
Bob. pizzas. what the f@ck? why don't i have pizzas? why do
other people have pizzas right now and i don't?

If I could, I would have a pizza delivered to my door. I don't care how it gets here. Delivery, robot, teleportation, just make pizza happen.
now. f@ck.

whatever. once those b!tches exist. once I can have pizza right here right now, ANYTHING right here right now...


I'll never leave my house. I'll stay here, and the cities will die because no one will go to them. community will take to the cables, and "space" as we use and understand it will change forever.

-Open Sky, Paul Virilio."

I'd like to disagree with myself/Virilio here. If we can manage society's transition into to digital space with an emphasis on nature/ the outdoors/ enjoyment of physical activity, then people might "journey in space" all the time! They might even preserve and cherish it more than we do now, with the dissolution of infrastructure making way for some pretty killer public venues (who really likes highways / streets / buildings? )

I'd be a park ranger forever if I didn't have to pay for stuff.

Sidenote: people here drink too much, they do it to get out of themselves. One glass of wine, people.

En Vino Veritas

-Cos

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Sidenote: people here drink too much, they do it to get out of themselves. One glass of wine, people.



says the man who gave his friend an overdosage of brownies.



i like cold pizzas sometimes.